You will be working with Business Calcium core team to redesign and code the corporate website in WordPress environment.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with the team and research great website examples to come up with thorough design plans on how to apply chosen design elements to the corporate website.
- Work with our Online Marketing Manager to ensure website content is all current and up-to-date.
- Create mock ups and visual prototypes that are both attractive and support technical and functional requirements.
- Code the website in WordPress, using one of the available WordPress templates and do customizations as needed.
- Perform beta launch with the new website and do design/code fine-tuning as needed.
- You may also be asked to help with: the preparation and testing of marketing/promotional email broadcasts we do for our clients.
- You will work in our office in San Carlos 2-3 days a week (up to 16 hours a week) for 3 months. If you are an independent contractor, pay rate is negotiable. If you perform well, we would love to offer a bonus structure where you can get paid based on performance. If you are a good fit, we will consider a part-time or full-time position for the longer term.
If you are a student, we will pay $10 / hour, and we are happy to offer college credit. If you perform well, we would love to offer a bonus structure where you can get paid based on performance. If you are a good fit, we will consider a part-time position for the longer term or the chance to return to the company once you have graduated.
- 2+ years of professional design experience in web or interactive media production (not print). Skills and job experience are more important than education. Undergraduate students are encouraged to apply.
- Solid portfolio demonstrating your graphic design skills with a focus on web layouts and interfaces (please specify work done individually or with a team).
- A passion for design and keeping current with recent design and usability trends.
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop CS4/CS5 with an emphasis on page-layout design.
- Strong understanding of branding practices, color theories, and how they are reflected on design.
- Hands on familiarity with HTML and CSS, as well as WordPress.
- Good cross-functional communications skills; verbal, written, and visual.
- Ability to produce high quality work in a fast paced environment with a dedication to iterate in pursuit of the best design solutions.
- Ability to take direction and constructive feedback well and to use it to polish a GUI design. Must play well with others: No prima donnas!
- Understanding of cross-browser display issues and its impact on large scale web sites.
- Self-motivated worker with ability to prioritize and manage work load to meet critical project deadlines.
- A desire to grow your skill sets and broaden your experience.
- A terrific sense of humor.
Nice to see if you have:
- Experience in designing mobile sites.
- Hands on familiarity with InDesign and Illustrator.
- Other drawing, illustration, and 3D (not required).
Email your well-written cover letter, resume and web design samples (no print designs, please) to careers (at) businesscalcium (dot) com with the subject line: “Web Designer and Coder: (Your Name)”. We will be accepting applications ongoingly and will contact shortlisted candidates via email for an interview. As we are super busy, we will not appreciate being contacted for any reason and will not see that as initiative on your part. We will only contact those who we wish to move forward with.